Manor house Snina
Manor house Snina underwent reconstruction in 2012 and was reopened to the public in summer 2013.
The manor house is located in Snina in eastern Slovakia, near the Poloniny National Park. At present it is the seat of the municipal library, museum with a permanent exhibition, galleries, social events, ceremonies and concerts.
In the past, the building had huge cellars, under which a spacious corridor led even through a horse-drawn carriage.
History of the Manor house
In 1781, Countess Terézia van Dernáthová built a classicist manor house on the site of an originally wooden building. She was the granddaughter of the last male descendant of the Druget family.
The two-storey mansion building with a rectangular ground plan and bay walls on the facade was a beautiful large mansion with many rooms – bedrooms, dining rooms, guest rooms, county salons, hall, kitchen, storage rooms.