Manor house Budmerice and Manor house Bytča
Manor house Budmerice
Beautiful manor house Budmerice, can be found in the village Budmerice under the mountains of the Little Carpathians in western Slovakia.
Its architecture contains a set of elements selected from several historical styles. The main facade of the castle ends in a high tower with a coat of arms.
Near Budmerice, Count Ján Pálffy and his 16-year-old wife Elizabeth built a hunting lodge in the 19th century, as the owner was a great hunting lover. It was built according to Renaissance patterns of castles in France with many smaller towers and gable dormer. Budmerice Castle is surrounded by a beautiful English park.
In the autumn of 2015 the Budmerice mansion was taken over by the Red Stone Museum under its auspices.
Guided tours of the mansion
During the tour you will see several rooms furnished with objects that were previously part of the Home of Slovak Writers, as well as collection items from the SNM-Červený Kameň Museum.
It is one of the few Renaissance castles in Slovakia, which has kept its original appearance without any changes. The courtyard walls are decorated with paintings and portraits of princes.
One of the buildings is known as the wedding palace and is the only one of its kind in Slovakia. The owner of the castle, Juraj Thurzo, had it built in 1601 to organize wedding receptions for his seven daughters. Currently there are exhibitions. The state regional archive was moved to the castle.
It is interesting that the Slovak national hero Juraj Jánošík, served at the beginning of the 18th century, during the war, on this estate.