Blatnicky Castle, Castle Branc, Castle Brekov
The ruins of the Blatnicky Castle are located near the village of Blatnica. The castle dates back to the 13th century, was the center of the property Blatnice, which later owned 16 villages.
At the beginning of the 17th century the castle was fortified. In the 17th century the castle was badly damaged and occupied by troops. At the end of the 18th century, Joseph Révay had the chateau repaired, but after a fire in 1722 the castle began to decompose.
Lovers of history will certainly appreciate a visit to the ruins of Branč Castle, which rises on a hill at an altitude of 475 m above the village Podbranč near the town of Senica in the southwest of Slovakia.
Branc was one of the network of border castles that took care of the safety of roads going from Moravia to the Carpathians. A short and unpretentious climb to the castle hill is worth a step, as it offers a wonderful panoramic view of the Myjava Upland and the White Carpathians.
Every year on the feast of Saint Constantine and Method, there is an Evangelical Mass.
Lovers of history will certainly appreciate the ruins of Brekov Castle rising above the center of Humenne, with a nice view of the surroundings. Brekov Castle is from the 13th century, when it was built on the site of an older fortress from the Great Moravian period. At the time of the 17th century uprising, it was repeatedly damaged by both fighting parties. That is why the castle began to deteriorate and only part of its walls and some domes have been preserved.
The castle can be reached on foot from the village Brekov.