Blast furnace Maša near Lipt. Hrádok
The iron ore Blast furnace Maša and the copper house were built in 1792 between Liptovský Hrádok and Kralova Lehota.
Mining and metallurgy
The building with the Exposition of Mining and Metallurgy is located in the Liptov region, which was one of the iron factories at the end of the 18th century. These buildings originally served as flaps. They knocked to announce the start and end of the working day and as a weighing man, to measure weight. Nowadays both buildings are declared as technical monuments of the second level.
Copper was used for copper sheets, which were transported on rafts down the river Vah. Subsequently, these leaves were joined in whole pieces in Ružomberok and then transported further along the Danube to Vienna, where other delicacies from Liptov were also imported, including salt, sheep cheese (bryndze) and the like.
In Liptovský Hrádok, high-quality iron was processed with the help of experts from Germany. There was also a factory for the production of rifles, guns and carbines in the early 19th century.
Nowadays the blast furnace Maša, mining and production of iron ore in Liptovský Hrádok has only historical significance and the young generation is reminded through two crossed mining hammers in the lower part of the town emblem.